We’re looking for a data expert who can forecast future trends and lead major projects for a world-renowned food delivery brand. Are you the analytics ace we need? Then keep reading…
Our story (the bitesize version):
Whether they know us as Takeaway.com, Lieferando.de, Pyszne.pl or any of our 11 international brands, we’re connecting food-lovers with the dishes they love. From romantic ramen for two to fries with friends, we’re serving up memorable mealtimes – anytime, anywhere.
We’ve come a long way since our start-up roots back in the days of dial-up internet (remember that?). But our commitment to staying ahead of the game with data analysis has remained constant. And that’s why we need you… Mealtimes may be about living in the moment, but as our Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be ensuring that the future is even more delicious for our customers.
All about your role:
By implementing effective forecast models, you can offer key insights on industry trends and demand patterns, making projections for the future of logistics – focusing on our ‘Scoober’ driver fleet. You’ll also monitor the performance of your models, finding ways to optimise our operations.
Enjoy project management? That’s a major asset. We’re counting on you to take ownership of projects from beginning to end. That means producing analysis, convening a cross-functional team to undertake it, and keeping track of all improvements you produce.
As a key point of contact within our Analytics set-up, you’ll also be:
- Supporting management with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Compiling reports and presenting analysis through a range of tools, models and databases (e.g. Redshift, SQL, Excel, python)
- Aligning with our central BI team to help define goals
Can you deliver…
Able to serve up key insights that can help us stay ahead of the game? That’s great. We’re hoping you can also bring us:
- 4+ years’ experience working with data analysis or data science
- MSc (or higher) in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or another relevant field
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWP) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning
- Mastery of SQL and experience with BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Looker)
- Prior experience of modeling and forecasting
- Fluent English language skills (spoken & written). German is a plus
Here is our offer:
That’s everything we need from you as our fantastic forecaster. Here’s what you’ll get as part of the Takeaway.com team:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities to innovate and progress in a varied and vital role
- Great company-wide events like our summer party and snow event
- A dynamic, friendly workplace at the heart of Berlin (we’re right by Potsdamer Platz!)
- The chance to work in a team with a flat hierarchy and agile scrum environment
- Contribution towards travel costs and ordering lunches
- Fresh fruit and delicious tea & coffee in the office Ready to take on the future with Takeaway.com? Click the button below to send us your motivational letter and CV.