Principal Computer Vision Engineer
Location:Baltimore, Maryland, United States
In this position you will:
- Conduct applied research in computer vision and machine learning.
- Develop, enhance and support software/hardware platforms for automated image/video processing, exploitation and understanding.
- Interact with sponsors, customers and users to understand needs and requirements.
- Assist in preparation of proposal and reporting materials.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Significant research experience in computer vision. Emphasis on object tracking and recognition preferred.
- Significant practical experience in machine learning using Python scientific computing and modern machine learning frameworks: numpy, scikit, scipy, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Willingness to apply for a Department of Defense Secret Clearance. Requirements include US citizenship.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical concepts by spoken and written means.
Extra consideration will be given to applicants whose qualifications include:
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Software development experience in C/C++
- Experience with OpenCV
- Experience with GPU acceleration using CUDA
- Experience working in a collaborative, multi-developer environment
- Background working with camera sensors
- Active DOD Secret clearance