Need Help? Post Questions, Doubts & Errors Here

If you have a question/issue related to a topic covered in a specific lecture or assignment, please ask on the respective lecture/assignment thread.

Use this thread for general issues & questions related to Deep Learning, PyTorch, Python, Jovian etc.

3 Likes

How to mark our attendance?

2 Likes

how do i mark my attendance

Hi, I am trying to run Jovian notebook locally but I am getting this error when I run “jovian install” or “conda env update” commands. Please help.

Error:
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): failed
CondaHTTPError: HTTP 000 CONNECTION FAILED for url https://conda.anaconda.org/pytorch/win-64/repodata.json
Elapsed: -
An HTTP error occurred when trying to retrieve this URL.
HTTP errors are often intermittent, and a simple retry will get you on your way.
https://conda.anaconda.org/pytorch/win-64

@emjay010 @stevinmarksdev we’ve made attendance optional for the first lecture. Don’t worry about it!

1 Like

Why do we shuffle when creating batches . Suppose we have 20 data points in data set . Then after creating batches (say of size 5 ) , cant we just cover the whole data points by 4 iterations(5*4 = 20) .

Shuffling ensures that the models sees different batches in each epoch. This randomization leads to better training, as the order of input rows no longer matters.

How to visualize each epoch? like using graph

Hi, I tried to work with Boston Housing data using PyTorch. But I’m getting nan as Loss. Why is this happening? Please assist me.

https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1fG3gRBYPAjxPEWfTljAuH-cYsXtTPF_4?usp=sharing

Hi, can someone tell us which weeks will have the Kaggle competitions since the course runs for 6 weeks but the competitions are for only three weeks.
Also, for those weeks will the Kaggle competition be a replacement for the usual weekly assignment or in addition to them? I couldn’t anything related to this in the FAQ and I don’t think this was mentioned in the live stream yesterday.
If they are going to be in addition to the weekly assignments, I’d appreciate it if someone could tell us which specific weeks they would be in so that, as participants, we can schedule our work around it.

Cheers!

Hi, i just find out about this course (so one day after the 1st live session) - may i still sign up (i filled the form) and get assignments or its too late? thanks in advance,

Getting this error -

@soni-gautam just keep it running. It should install the dependencies.

@jovan-trajceski You can join now. Start here: [START HERE] Welcome to Deep Learning with PyTorch: Zero to GANs

1 Like

My Jupyter Notebook hasn’t saved (I was sure to save very often), and now it is just starter template. Any idea how to recover few hours of work?

Getting an error while commiting notebook with jovian

[jovian] Attempting to save notebook…

UnboundLocalError Traceback (most recent call last)
in
----> 1 jovian.commit()

/srv/conda/envs/notebook/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jovian/utils/commit.py in commit(message, files, outputs, environment, privacy, filename, project, new_project, git_commit, git_message, **kwargs)
147 # Retrieve Gist ID & title
–> 148 project_title, project_id = _parse_project(project, filename, new_project)
150 # Create or update gist (with title and )

/srv/conda/envs/notebook/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jovian/utils/commit.py in _parse_project(project, filename, new_project)
244 # Skip if metadata could not be found
245 if not metadata:
–> 246 log(‘Creating a new project "’ + username + ‘/’ + project + ‘"’)
247 return project_title, None

UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘username’ referenced before assignment

Hi @pratikkotian04, it seems like a bug. Could you try this: jovian.commit(project="01-tensor-operations-1"). change project name if you are doing commit to a different project.

@Sebgolos which platform were you using to run the notebook? You can try looking for any checkpoint file that might have been created.

For future, you could do jovian.commit regularly to keep track of changes.

Thanks this worked !!!1

1 Like

I’ve used binder, I think it did timeout. I tried to save the work but I just got a response that the service is unavailable.