[Fixed] Jovian commit from Kaggle kernel is creating empty notebook

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE

- What happened : Kaggle rolled out some updates to their Jupyter notebook interface during the week, which led to some issues with our existing jovian.commit integration with Kaggle.

- Who was affected : If you have used Kaggle notebooks in the past 4-5 days , it is likely that you were affected by this issue. Some of your notebooks committed to Jovian may be blank .

- Current status : We have fixed the issue and rolled out an updated version of the jovian library on Friday, Jun 12 , to work with the new changes in Kaggle. The next time you use the “Run on Kaggle” option on Jovian, you won’t face the issue of blank notebooks being committed to Jovian.

8 Likes

Happened to me, when I first tried to commit from Kaggle, but the second attempt worked

1 Like

I am committing via kaggle but notebook is showing empty

Same to me, initial version are visible but final version are empty

1 Like

yup, same! only as of today

Same issue here. Is it fine if I simply refer to the notebook on Kaggle and make it public?

I am not being able to commit via colab too. please help.

1 Like

One possible solution would be to explicitly save notebook before calling commit.

One of these commands should work:
jovian.utils.jupyter.save_notebook()

%%javascript
require(["base/js/namespace"],function(Jupyter) {
    Jupyter.notebook.save_checkpoint();
});
1 Like

@ole-mor You can download the notebook from Kaggle and upload directly on Jovian.
Sharing public Kaggle notebook link would also work.

@nikhil4709 Colab is not currently supported. You can download the notebook and upload on Jovian for submission.
You can also checkout this notebook to commit directly from Colab (this won’t capture markdown cells, though): https://jovian.ml/sidujjain/colab-commit

thanks,also can you tell how to set runtime to GPU on binder?

I got the same error. So I created the “empty” notebook, downloaded the Kaggle file and uploaded it as an extra file on that specific notebook. I also took screen shots and added them on my medium blog, and finally even though it does not show anything from Kaggle it does keep the Compare metrics that the exercise requests. It is an alternative solution which I hope the instructors will accept.

Same problem here. Not awfully worried about it though because i have an older version that fits all mandatory requirements, but i couldn’t save all my subsequent toying with hyperparameters.

I too have same problem, please look into it, since last date for submission of zero to GAN is tomorow.

I am also facing same error, from last night. I tried different ways like running on jupyter, but it doesn’t support torch library any more. Also, tried like removing parameter. It’s committing blank notebook only.

I tried this. But even then I’m getting a blank notebook on Jovian

what should we do so as to submit the assignment.Can we download and upload the ipnyb file for the time being

That happened to me.I had to use my computer.

This happened to me. All of my commits from version 19 to 62 are empty! I have to redo some of the codes. Luckily I can still see the hyperparameters for these commits using comparison.

READ THIS IF YOU’RE FACING ISSUES WITH KAGGLE

You may have faced some issues over the past few days while working with Kaggle notebooks. I just wanted to let you know that the issue has been resolved now, and we are extending the deadline for Assignments 2 & 3 till Sat, Jun 20th, 9 PM IST .

We’re extremely sorry if you faced this issue, and we’re taking steps to ensure that such issues do not occur in the future.

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE

- What happened : Kaggle rolled out some updates to their Jupyter notebook interface during the week, which led to some issues with our existing jovian.commit integration with Kaggle.

- Who was affected : If you have used Kaggle notebooks in the past 4-5 days , it is likely that you were affected by this issue. Some of your notebooks committed to Jovian may be blank .

- Current status : We have fixed the issue and rolled out an updated version of the jovian library on Friday, Jun 12 , to work with the new changes in Kaggle. The next time you use the “Run on Kaggle” option on Jovian, you won’t face the issue of blank notebooks being committed to Jovian.

EXTENSION OF DEADLINES FOR ASSIGNMENT 2 & 3

We understand that you may have lost some work during the week while working on the assignments, and I’d like to personally apologize for that.

• We are extending the deadline for Assignments 2 & 3 till Sat, Jun 20th, 9 PM IST .
  • If you have submitted already, please ensure that the submitted notebook is not blank
  • To ensure that you are using the updated version of the library, please start with a fresh fork of the assignment notebook
  • Assignment 2 Forum Thread: Assignment 2 - Train Your First Model
  • Assignment 3 Forum Thread: Assignment 3 - Feed Forward Neural Networks
1 Like

Update:
Currently, it seems to have been fixed and received an email communication from Aakash regarding the same as well.
Now the notebook contains all the code and output. However, the comments are displayed as junk (?) characters.

Refer my notebook here.