Assignment 4 - In Class Data Science Competition

The in-class data science competition will allow you to compete with other participants in the course. Please register here: https://www.kaggle.com/t/afb27cc408e9408483b118901c865b3e

Fill this form once you have participated in the competition for us to map your past submissions and usernames from Kaggle: https://forms.gle/KFvvFHQ69YdLHuXPA

7 Likes

This kaggle competition looks very cool, however I think atleast 30 days should be given.

23 Likes

I don’t understand cause the correction notebook of kaggle competition is here : https://www.kaggle.com/aakashns/simple-cnn-starter

I am really excited for this competition with the time frames given. Will we be given any indication what the prizes will be?Perhaps that will incentivize and motivate great quality work lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not the correction but just a start.

Could you explain what are going to on this competition. are we going to start a new notebook from the scratch or we are going to edit existing notebook? if yes where are we to modify?

1 Like

You can use the starter notebook and modify it however you need to improve the scores. The starter kernel is here

2 Likes

Does anybody know what is the exact deadline for submission this assignment?

Hi all,
I have shared some learning from the competition in Kaggle

Hope this helps as you build your models
7 Likes

for now the deadline is 29 June. Aakash did mention that it may be extended
However, best to submit on time/early rather than the last minute rush!

3 Likes

Tried running the sample notebook, got the following error-

1 Like

This is due to internet turned off.

I highlight this and other issues in my post; these should help and also experiences I moved to rank #3 in the competition:

2 Likes

Hello,

I need some help. I started working with the starter notebook, but after training my val_score is 0.0000. This is weird, but could be possible if my model is really bad. But when testing on some sample images (with predict_single()) there is neither a prediction nor a label, only the picture gets shown.

Has somebody faced a similar problem or knows how to solve it?

1 Like

you should share your model, these images give us no way to know what you are doing.

" Maximum interactive GPU session count of 1 reached." How to renable the GPU. my training is too slow. Thanks

You must have a kernel running somewhere else, first close that or disable GPU in that notebook.

3 Likes

This is my model, it’s mostly the starter model with minor changes:

But shouldn’t the labels be shown no matter what the models look like?

I think the error is from nn.Dropout() , i think it is necessary to have some probability of dropout as a parameter.

I have written a starter’s guide to Kaggle. Please have a look if this is your first experience with Kaggle.

5 Likes

I tried it without the dropout but the problem is still there. I also took a look in the documentation, if no number is specified, the default value of Dropout is 50%.
Nevertheless thank you for your help! :slightly_smiling_face: