Assignment 1 - All About torch.Tensor

The objective of this assignment is to develop a solid understanding of PyTorch tensors. In this assignment you will:

1. Pick 5 interesting functions related to PyTorch tensors by reading the documentation,
  2. Create a Jupyter notebook using a starter template to illustrate their usage, and share them using Jovian
  3. (Optional) Write a blog post to accompany and showcase your Jupyter notebook
  4. (Optional) Share your work with the community and exchange feedback with other participants
  5. Submit your assignment for evaluation before Lecture 2 (May 30th)

Please go through the problem statement PDF for more details.

Important Links

Please reply here if you have any questions or face issues. The recommended platform for writing your blog post is medium.com .

Submission Deadline: May 30th June 13th, 2020, 8.30 AM PST/09.00 PM IST

21 Likes

Hi, I would like to know where do we write our blog post ?

3 Likes

Hi! Also want to know whether the blog post has to be written somewhere specifically?

4 Likes

@lucascolas @irinalisina you can use medium.com or any other other blogging platform of your choice for writing the blog.

3 Likes

Please clear the situation regarding the blog post. Is blogging mandatory or optional??

2 Likes

Hi, For the first assignment it is optional.

Please give time, not only date (EST, UTC,GMT,etc).
Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,

Can we use Google Colab instead of binder/Jovian to submit assignments?

2 Likes

It is optional for this lecture only I think

It will be the same time as today 8.30 AM PST/11.30 AM EST for the next 5 weeks every Saturday.

Are well-written, descriptive notebooks considered as blog posts too? I don’t want to share the same thing 2 times.

5 Likes

You are right, everything can be documented well in the jupyter notebook itself using markdown.
I wish they accept it.

1 Like

I am sure we could use any blog platform and just share the link to the blog

3 Likes

I too think it will be a waste of time writing and embedding the code snippets to a post. @vishal do let us know.

Looking for the assignment link,anyone?

2 Likes

For those on macOS Catalina, this is a must read to fix the conda installation: https://medium.com/@kuanhoong/setting-up-anaconda3-to-work-with-macos-catalina-zsh-shell-99898522ece1

1 Like

How can we earn attendance for the first lecture, despite not having atteneded it live? Is it through submitting assignment 1?

Jovian.commit is taking a lot of time to run after entering the API Key, Is it normal when you run it for the first time?

It just took few seconds for me. Maybe try again or restart the notebook.

2 Likes